Life After Death (SMH)

 

Finally got my loan from the library. 😬
🤷🏾‍♀️
**SPOILER ALERT** My review/rant is below. Also my call for action lol.
So I finished Life After Death. Honestly I had to skip over some pages to get to the end of the book. 
 
**SPOILERS** If you haven’t read the book and want to, don’t continue reading. 
 
I can’t say don’t read the book, because I did lol. However this is not a sequel to the coldest winter ever. It’s religious propaganda. I feel this book just shows how sometimes religion can mess a person up. Sistah Souljah (SS) had one job, write a sequel to a book, and instead of that she wanted to try and trick her audience into converting to Islam. This book is full of hate and judgment. If you hate abortion that’s fine, but why are you shaming a young woman who killed herself after being raped and impregnated by her father? How are you going to say fairy tales have ruined young women and they should only be reading the Quran? She also promotes her religion while discrediting other religions. If you are Christian she actually talks about how Jesus is just a prophet and not the son of God. SS, we did not sign up for this! If she wanted to make a book about converting people to Islam she could have done that without humans having sex with demons, turning into animals and then having sex with demons with animals that used to be dead humans. She’s so caught up with nasty sex, but trying to push religion. Is she sexually repressed and just taking it out on the reader by having us read about a demon fingering a dog?
One thing I found disturbing was her pretending Winter grew up in NY but didn’t know who Jesus was, or couldn’t recognize a picture of him. It’s not about religion it’s just SS trying to make Winter so DUMB it was painful. Like really, you can’t recognize a picture of Jesus? The only thing she did well was keep Winter’s inmate mindset consistent. The funniest part was when Winter said “You even sucked the d!ck of the devil.” Like wtf? (SN: Maybe Lil Nas X read this book and that’s how he got the idea for his video.)
I saw some reviewers saying stick with it, there is a message. The message I received was SS has had a psychotic break and needs help or an intervention.
SS has lost touch with her audience. Did she even know who would be picking up this book? Did she think women like Winter would actually be reading this book? Winter wouldn’t read a book to save her life. (She threw it out of the window in the book, and she refused to read the Quran and go through all the steps even though she knew it would save her soul.) We are not gangsta trap women living on the edge reading this book. She didn’t have to punish us, we haven’t done anything. And we’re not looking to convert to Islam through demon and dog sex.
Also, why is Porsche so angelic in this novel? If my memory serves me correct, at the end of TCWE Porsche was with some hustler named Buster and going down the same path as Winter. Am I wrong about this? I can’t remember and refused to read it again. Also, who in the hell would watch that WACK ass reality show about a comatose inmate being taken care of by someone you can’t even see? Like how is that the number one show?? Make it make sense. 
 
“I don’t think any book could cause a reader to feel the torture that occurs after death.” That was on page 260. 
 
I say all this to say …we need to start a petition to the Breakfast Club for Charlamagne to give SS the Donkey of the Day for trying the F-k out of us with this BS. 😂


Comments

Popular Posts